Senior Officer – Database Administrator
Senior Manager – Database Administrator
Graduate/Masters Computer Engineering/Science
Oracle/SQL and DBA Certifications
- Must have a strong background of database operations and information technology, such as the following.
• Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
• Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
• Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
• Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
• Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
• Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
• Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
• Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
• Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
• Control access permissions and privileges
• Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
• Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Carry out capacity planning
• Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
• Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
• Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
• Perform all other task assigned by the Manager and HOD.
• Have excellent communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
• Be self-motivated and innovative.
• Be a team player as well as individual performer
• Be flexible and adaptable to meet tight deadline.
• Familiarity with project management and tools.
• Have an ability to read understand business requirement documents & technical documentation skills.
• Have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix issue in databases.
Please send your resume at [email protected]