Senior Officer – Database Administrator
No of Vacancies: 01
Direct Reporting: Senior Manager – Database Administrator
Education: Graduate/Masters Computer Engineering/Science
Special Education: Oracle/SQL and DBA Certifications
Experience: 3-4 Years
Must have a strong background of database operations and information technology, such as the following:
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications and customise existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Perform all other task assigned by the Manager and HOD.
- Have excellent communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Be self-motivated and innovative.
- Be a team player as well as individual performer
- Be flexible and adaptable to meet tight deadline.
- Familiarity with project management and tools.
- Have an ability to read understand business requirement documents & technical documentation skills.
- Have an excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix issue in databases.
Last Date to Apply: October 15, 2021
Please send your resume at [email protected]